Puget Sound ESD recently submitted the Road Map Region Race to the Top Grant Annual Performance Report to the U.S. Department of Education. This Report covers the grant period of July 2015 to June 2016. We encourage you to take a look at the Executive Summary!
The Executive Committee for the Road Map Region Race to the Top grant issued preliminary awards of $1.6 million in Investment Funds for Teaching and Leading as part of the third round of awards to districts participating in the consortium. A total of $7.3 million will be awarded for Teaching and Leading in three disbursements. Round 3 funds totaled $1.6 million and included the following preliminary awards:
- Auburn School District: Principal/Teacher Leadership Academy, $290,946
- Highline Public Schools: STEM Academy, $291,609
- Kent School District: ELL Academy, $103,152
- Kent School District: Improving Learning for ALL in Secondary Math Classrooms, $119,632
- Kent School District: Problem Based Learning, $107,174
- Seattle Public Schools: Seattle Teacher Residency, $338,000
- Tukwila School District: Tukwila STEAM Academy, $329,266
For more information please see the full press release.
The Executive Committee for the Road Map Region Race to the Top grant issued preliminary awards of $750,000 to support college and career readiness for students in the Road Map consortium. This was the third round of awards to districts participating in the consortium. A total of $3.75 million has been awarded through Project 8 (College and Career Readiness) in three rounds of awards. The first round of awards totaled $1.5 million, the second round totaled $1.5 million, and the final round totaled $750,000, which included the following awards:
- Auburn School District: Systematic Implementation of College and Career Readiness, $107,504;
- Highline Public Schools: Ninth Grade Support, $226,487;
- Kent School District: AP Participation, College Bound Student, $59,560;
- Renton –International Baccalaureate Expansion and Family Support, $201,258;
- Seattle College Bound Student Outreach and Support, $45,218; and
- Tukwila School District: Get Ready, Get Out, Get In (AP Enrollment, Graduation, College Entrance), $110,200.
For more information, please see the full press release.