The Executive Committee for the Road Map Region Race to the Top grant issued preliminary awards of $750,000 to support college and career readiness for students in the Road Map consortium. This was the third round of awards to districts participating in the consortium. A total of $3.75 million has been awarded through Project 8 (College and Career Readiness) in three rounds of awards. The first round of awards totaled $1.5 million, the second round totaled $1.5 million, and the final round totaled $750,000, which included the following awards:
- Auburn School District: Systematic Implementation of College and Career Readiness, $107,504;
- Highline Public Schools: Ninth Grade Support, $226,487;
- Kent School District: AP Participation, College Bound Student, $59,560;
- Renton –International Baccalaureate Expansion and Family Support, $201,258;
- Seattle College Bound Student Outreach and Support, $45,218; and
- Tukwila School District: Get Ready, Get Out, Get In (AP Enrollment, Graduation, College Entrance), $110,200.
For more information, please see the full press release.