The Executive Committee for the Road Map Region Race to the Top grant issued preliminary awards of $1.6 million in Investment Funds for Teaching and Leading as part of the third round of awards to districts participating in the consortium. A total of $7.3 million will be awarded for Teaching and Leading in three disbursements. Round 3 funds totaled $1.6 million and included the following preliminary awards:
- Auburn School District: Principal/Teacher Leadership Academy, $290,946
- Highline Public Schools: STEM Academy, $291,609
- Kent School District: ELL Academy, $103,152
- Kent School District: Improving Learning for ALL in Secondary Math Classrooms, $119,632
- Kent School District: Problem Based Learning, $107,174
- Seattle Public Schools: Seattle Teacher Residency, $338,000
- Tukwila School District: Tukwila STEAM Academy, $329,266
For more information please see the full press release.
The Investment Fund for Community-School Partnerships will invest up to $750,000 more in new partnerships over the next two years! The Request for Information (RFI) is due November 10; up to five partnerships will be selected to develop more detailed project plans and receive technical assistance before final approval. For more information, please see the Request for Information (RFI), related Criteria and Rubric, and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). Information sessions will be held:
The Executive Committee for the Road Map Region Race to the Top grant issued preliminary awards of $750,000 to support college and career readiness for students in the Road Map consortium. This was the third round of awards to districts participating in the consortium. A total of $3.75 million has been awarded through Project 8 (College and Career Readiness) in three rounds of awards. The first round of awards totaled $1.5 million, the second round totaled $1.5 million, and the final round totaled $750,000, which included the following awards:
- Auburn School District: Systematic Implementation of College and Career Readiness, $107,504;
- Highline Public Schools: Ninth Grade Support, $226,487;
- Kent School District: AP Participation, College Bound Student, $59,560;
- Renton –International Baccalaureate Expansion and Family Support, $201,258;
- Seattle College Bound Student Outreach and Support, $45,218; and
- Tukwila School District: Get Ready, Get Out, Get In (AP Enrollment, Graduation, College Entrance), $110,200.
For more information, please see the full press release.