The Executive Committee for the Road Map Region Race to the Top grant recently issued preliminary awards of $2.9 million in Investment Funds for Project 1 (Teaching and Leading) as part of the second round of awards to districts participating in the consortium. Project 1 (Teaching and Leading) is the largest single project in the Consortium’s Race to the Top grant. Project 1 creates a fund that districts may access to build teacher and principal content knowledge, to assist in the creation of personalized learning environments in the region’s high‑need schools. The emphasis of this fund is on scalable, high impact improvements in math, science and ELL instruction as well as teacher/principal leadership. For more information, please see the full press release.
Children who turn five before August 31, 2014 may now enroll in kindergarten for the next school year. To learn more about specific district enrollment, take a look at this information about registering your child.
Parents and families can also contact their local school district for information.
- Auburn School District – Phone: 253-931-4900
- Federal Way Public Schools – Phone: 253-945-2001
- Highline Public Schools – Phone: 206-631-3153 and 206-427-2905
- Kent School District – Phone: 253.373.7235
- Renton School District – Phone: 425-204-2300
- Seattle Public Schools – Phone: 206.252-0760
- Tukwila School District – Phone: 206-901-8000